In BooksIRead

2017 Book Challenge Accepted



It bugs my mind to think that some people do not enjoy reading. I get it, in High school and the years before, reading wasn't something that you looked forward to doing. That's because it was always mainly by force.

Remember the summer reading book list? You mean, during this time that I am supposed to be enjoying my vacation, away from teachers, you want me to READ?! Jokes.

Fortunately, it stuck with me. I enjoy diving into the world inside of the two walls that we call book covers and allowing my mind to sink into the story. 

It's a new year and I have decided to follow up and create a book challenge! I mean because, duh, why not!

Originally I wanted to read 25 books this year, but because I plan to travel a lot and this year already feels like it will be super busy for me---and also I want to be cliche---- I decided to go with 17 books!


The challenge is not just finding 17 books and calling it a day. I want to read books that I have never thought of touching before. Different genres. New authors. Old history books. Reading is the best way to learn in my opinion. Me being someone who is a visual learner, it's the best when the stories that I read have a message behind it!


SOOOOOOOO, Challenge accepted!

But, I can't do this alone! Motivation and accountability are necessary! Will YOU accept my challenge of 17 books? If so, what are some of the books on your list?

Don't know any good books or where to start, check out your local bookstore OR you can go to GoodReads and create your very own book list.


_________________________________________________________________________________________


  1. I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
  2. The Underground Railroad
  3. Half of a Yellow Sun
  4. The Happiness Project
  5. Eat, Pray, Love
  6. Hidden Figures
  7. Man's Search for Meaning
  8. Maximize Your Potential
  9. Slave: My True Story
  10. I Am Malala
  11. A Gentleman in Moscow
  12. Wonder Women: 25 Innovators, Inventors, and Trailblazers Who Changed History
  13. Jesus Is: Find a New Way to Be Human
  14. The Story of Jews: When Words Fail
  15. Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking
  16. The Warmth of Other Suns
  17. Virtually You: The Dangerous Powers of the E-Personality

As I complete these books, I will cross them out on this list. So, to be accountable for one another, you can come back from time to time to check if I've been honest and faithful to this challenge!

Of course, I'll be reading other books outside of my challenge, as I hope you would too, but this is my list of definite readings!







There Are More Like This Article

0 comments:

Post a Comment