In MyHair

Curl Fest & Things




I Feel Free.

This past Friday was my last day working for the law firm. It was a bitter sweet feeling to walk out knowing that I wouldn't be coming back in on Monday morning. Before the week was up, I had been mapping out all of the things I want to do during my free time before school starts. 



But, as I sit here on the beach, soaking up the sun and reading my book 'Crazy Love', I feel like all of that planning can wait a moment. There is no greater feeling than freedom. I don’t think having a job traps us and I don’t believe people should spend their lives being lazy beach bums, but it’s a must-do from time to time; especially since the summer is coming to an end.




This past weekend I attended one of my best friends engagement dinner. It's so exciting to be a part of her wedding as a bridesmaid, but more so to witness her really growing up.We all have that fairytale that we want to live out. Meet the man of our dreams, get married and have children and live happily ever after. Now-and-days, most people don’t know how to keep a relationship. So to see someone that I know getting married, it makes me happy! 


------------------------------



I also took part as a volunteer at my first Curl Fest. I must say, I didn’t know what I really signed up for but despite all of the work put in, it was well worth the experience. This was the 2nd annual curl fest run by Curly Girl Collective that was held in prospect park. 






EMBRACE the moments and experiences that you are blessed to have. 








Additional: I woke up this morning and read my devotional and it was just a reminder that everything will fall into place as long as I continue to remain dependent on God:

Living in dependence on Me is a glorious adventure. Most people scurry around busily, trying to accomplish things through their own strength and ability. Some succeed enormously; others fail miserably. But both groups miss what life is meant to be: living and working in collaboration with me.
 When you depend on me continually, your whole perspective changes. You see miracles happening all around,while others see only natural occurrences and  "coincidences." You begin each day with joyful expectation, watching to see what I will do. You accept weakness as a gift from Me, knowing that my power plugs in most readily to consecrated weakness. You keep your friends tentative, knowing that my plans are far superior. You consciously live, move, and have your being in Me, designed that I live in you. I in you, and you in Me. This is the intimate adventure I offer you.

There Are More Like This Article

0 comments:

Post a Comment