In FaithTopic

What You Know VS What You Believe


The BIG Difference

It took me a long time to understand this. Heck, it’s still hard for me to truly grasp what’s going on.


We are informed of the many myths of life through word of mouth, or from seeing it ourselves. As a kid, our parents had us believing, for many years, that Santa Clause was real. They told us about him, we knew of him and we believed. Except, there were a few individuals who knew this person that went by the name Santa, but didn’t believe in him or his “gifts”.

That person was and occasionally still is me. Except, on a different level. I know God and I know that He loves me, but I find it hard to believe that He loves me or that I am worthy of His love.

There Is A Big Difference Between What You Know And What You Believe.

This idea came to me as I was finding my alone time with God in prayer. 

I hesitate continuously to truly pray for what I desire. Honestly, it seems more pleasing for me if I just spend my prayer time thanking Him. 

But, this is how God is so wonderful. Prior to prayer, I decided to read my devotional titled:  How bad do you really want it? In that moment, my internet started to slow down and the wifi began to act up. Naturally, I wanted to surf my phone to kill time until the wifi got its life together, but God said to me This is our time. Ask me and you shall receive.

He Cares For Me

From the beginning of time, God has proved to be worthy and has shown His deepest love for me. He cared enough, that He removed me from all adversities that I encountered. He removed me from an unhealthy-abusive relationship. He removed men from my life that weren’t worthy of my mind, my body and my love. He cares enough that even when I wasn’t loving or praising Him, He still made sure that my path was cleared. And still, when I face a trial, I worry. Why is it that we find ourselves in a storm, we panic instead of reminding ourselves of all that He has done already. 
_______________________________________
Psalm 91:2
This I declare about the Lord; He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God, and I trust Him.
_______________________________________

This I know, and yet, I still find it hard to believe. 

The Definition Of Believe: 
To have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something;
To have confidence or faith in the truth.

If there is anything that I know, the truth, is that without the love God has for me, I might not be where I am Today. Without knowing the truth, that He has a purpose and a plan for me, I could have given up so many times. I may not always go through with a passion, a goal or dream right away, but I have never given up completely because I know that He has given me my gifts and abilities for a reason. 

Confidence is something that many people struggle with, especially when they are unaware of the truth. 

In this place, I know that I am not perfect, but I am guided and being shown what to do. All the while, building my faith, belief and trust. Oh, by the way, as I end this writing, my internet is back up and running. 

In His timing.

With Love.


There Are More Like This Article

0 comments:

Post a Comment