In Poetry

I'm Nothing Without You.- Poetry




 LISTEN.



One foot against the gas
Other outside the door
Decisions of speeding away quickly
Put the pedal to the floor
But I'm
Halfway in
What's the sense if I run
Lord knows it took me a lifetime
To see what I've become
So I 
Know it won't be easy
Jesus yelling, You know you need me!
I was rejecting His voice
Screaming
I wish you'd leave me!
Alone
Is how I felt after
When he said you've made your choice
Because it was my own free will
and His I wanted to void
I faintly heard his voice
Telling me
Listen
Listen
But I grew angry
I became frustrated
What did I need to hear? I was angry with God
But what did I fear? 
I disputed giving my all
To someone who was barely near
But suddenly now
My life is filled with light
I took time to discard my own thoughts
Because God is greater
than any human being
Though it took me time to realize
that was also including Me.


By Saphia Louise





There Are More Like This Article

0 comments:

Post a Comment